Re: white face gauges, and wax

From: Ryan T. Grimes (rugbynut@mpdr0.chicago.il.ameritech.net)
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 23:07:02 EDT

I replaced the stock gauges with an all-white gauge cover and it
looks awesome, however looking back on it it was a really big pain in
the ass. All the dials have to be removed and replaced, and it took
a while to get everything lined up properly. The tachometer still
sticks sometimes even though I've adjusted it about 12 times. If
you're going to do this my tip will be to make sure you know EXACTLY
where your dials were lined up. It will save you a ton of time, and
you won't run out of gas when the dial reads 1/4th tank.

>Has anyone tried to install white face gauges on their 97 up daks? i
>saw them at www.nrauto.com i think they look cool but i heard they were
>a bitch to install and not really worth it based on that alone. Any
>comments?
>
>Also i was oing to order some of that Zaino wax, but decided to use what
>i had before getting more. Anyways i washed and waxed up the dak with a
>coat of Der Real Stuff (cleaner and protector) then a coat of Der
>Shiney Stuff. This looks as good as any show car i have seen, even
>those in museums. it makes the black paint smooth as silk and gives it
>a wet look. I cant say enough about the Der Shiney Stuff--easiest
>on/off polish ever (even in the sun which i usually have to do) and
>never had any swirl marks, for the 6 or so times i have waxed the
>truck. Great stuff. Needless to say i won;t be going the Zaino route
>anymore besides the deal wasn't that great (sorry to those that
>organized it....).
>

>Brian
>Black SLTCC V6
>QiuckD intake, Custom gibson dual exhaust
>http://www.jps.net/bdfitch (under repairs)

Ryan T. Grimes
Rugby-[CMG]
Clan Mac Gaming