Re: 5.2L Vs. 4.7L Question

From: DMH (dakota_59_rt@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 11:04:25 EDT

I can see Will's point, but I suggest you find the
article on the 4.7 engine (I think it was in Mopar
Muscle, but could have been HIPO Mopar mag) it gives a
detailed description of the new engine and it sounds
like it has huge potential to me. Lots of nice heavy
duty items and higher RPM potential....if you can't
find it and are really interested, let me know and
I'll try to scan it and send to you....

--- Will <will@cyber-strength.com> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> In my opinion you would be best advised to stay
> away from the new
> 4.7 and stick with the proven 318. A few magazine
> articles have showed
> that the new powerplant doesent have the same low
> end grunt as our
> pushrod motors 5.2's do. Along with this is the fact
> the the 4.7 has yet
> to prove its reliability. Maybe in 10 years or so
> people will begin
> switching, hey by then there will finnaly be after
> market parts for it
> the way there is for our 318 & 360's now!.
>
> Besides its the same motor that is used this year in
> the Jeeps, yuck!
>
> Will
> 99 Dakota CC 318, 2wd auto 3.55
>

> Nate wrote:
>
> > Hey, no one tackled my main question in my
> > controversial posting. I'll try again, maybe no
> one
> > read that far down.
> >
> > I'm ordering my 2000 Dak this saturday and the
> dealer
> > told me that he could get me the 5.2L in a 2000
> even
> > though dodge is evidently getting rid of this
> engine.
> > My question is this. Is he full of crapola? and If
> > it's true which powerplant do ya'll think I should
> opt
> > for, the new 4.7L or the 5.2? (kinda worried
> about
> > bugs in the first production year.)

> http://mail.yahoo.com

===