Re: Extended Cab Dak Questions

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 11:59:24 EDT

Joel,

My wife and I take our grand-daughter out in our Dak all the time with a
child safety seat in the middle of the rear bench. She is getting older
now, but still has to ride in the safety seat. The only "problem" (not
really too bad though) is that now that she's older, there's not much
leg room. She has to put her feet up on the center console. The safety
seats snugs right up to the console. As an infant it wasn't a problem
because her legs weren't long enough to reach the console anyway.

But, the car seat will fit... just a little tight on the leg room.

--
Brian D.
     (_____

Joel Hallstrom wrote: > > Howdy folks- > > I'm currently working the wife over to get a Dakota R/T. Any of you folks > out there managed to fit a child safety seat into the back of an extended > cab Dakota? I know, if I really want the room buy a car, or wait for the > four door Dak, but I really want a pickup bed. The Ram we had was small > enough in the back as it is, so if I can't fit a kid's seat in the back, I > might as well buy a regular cab, and save the weight.... > > Thanks- > > Joel Hallstrom > > 1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour #4214 > Contour Enthusiasts Group - www.contour.org > Dearly departed 1996 Ram 4wd Extended Cab