Re:cruise control up hill

From: RBR (kbear316@mc.net)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 15:15:17 EDT

"I noticed that with the cruise control on the truck steadily lost
speed
 on large hills to the point that it dropped 2 gears to catch up.
This puts
 the engine right about red line "

I have a 98 Dak V6 and mine does the same thing.
It seems like when I'm close to the top it'll finally kick
down and scream. Did you notice to when you had the
cruise on it would jump up a few rpm when you were
cruising on flat and fairly smooth surfaces?? I'll have it set
at 70 mph and the tach is reading like 2g and it'll just jump
to like 22 or 23 outta nowhere feels like it kinda slips. It does
it once in a while without cruise too. Just curious if you had
any of the same problems.

Ralph