(no subject)

From: (no email)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 13:46:15 EDT

From: Craig Baltzer <Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com>
To: "'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'" <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Subject: DML: RE: Radar/Laser Detectors - comparisons?
Date sent: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:30:35 -0400
Send reply to: dakota-truck@buffnet.net

> The Vallentine 1 is the best going according to the mag reviews. They
> aren't inexpensive (understatement :-)), but consistently have the longest
> range/least falses in the tests. It will count the radar sources (great
> for urban areas when a cruiser is "hiding" among oher radar sources such
> as traffic monitors) and tell you which direction they are coming from
> which is a real plus on the highway (no more sneaking up from behind).
>
> Downside is that its a "wired only" unit (no battery option), and its
> about the size of 3 packs of cigarettes stacked on top of each other. They
> have a "hidden" display kit which relocates all of the indicators to the
> cigarette lighter plug so you don't have to worry about the police
> noticing that you have a detector at night...

It is 4.5 in. L x 3.6 in. W x 1.3 in. H. I hooked mine up with the
hardwire kit that comes with it. When not in use, I tuck the cord
under the passenger sunvisor invisible.You can also make your own
cords, as it uses telephone cord (modular jack) no more coiled
cords (although it comes with one). The autodim feature works well,
I've not had one sneak up behind me yet (knock on wood), love the
rear antenna. Love the one handed removal from the windshield too,
makes it a 1/2 second operation to take it off if you pass a cop
eyeing you hehe

The V1 is made by the engineer who started Cincinnatti Microwave.
I think he sold his interest, and then started Valentine.

|{eith R. Phelps
krp at netnitco dot net

Cat..... the other white meat.