Fresh Air

From: Hostetler (zigzag2@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 14:43:21 EDT

I kept trying to figure out how to make my fresh air intake for my 99
5.2 5 speed.
I decided to just buy a K&N drop in filter. I just pulled out the stock
air horn(when
the engine heated up it came out easily, the plastic got soft). I just
ran a 4" flexible
aluminum dryer tube from the stock air box out through the rubber piece
which
I cut a hole in. I think I can fit a cone K&N inside the box with an
elbow attached
to top where that rubber pleated hose fits. At least it is not sucking
HOT south
Georgia air from under the hood. It runs a lot better. Richard