How much to have synchro replaced???

From: Christopher L Scott (clscott@cse.Buffalo.EDU)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 15:16:05 EDT

Okay, the consensus is that my synchro ring on 3rd gear is on the way out.
I find this odd because in my experience 2nd is usually the first to go,
but OK. How much will it cost me to get this fixed? (I don't have the
equipment to pull and tear down the tranny in my garage) How long do you
think I can let it go? ( I happen to be broke at the moment, and still
have a year to go before I get out of college and hopefully cease to be
quite so broke) Is there anything I can do to keep it from getting worse
or at least slow it down? Should I put conventional oil back in?
And lastly, Why the hell is my tranny giving me sh*t at
60,000 miles?! Who actually makes the AX-15? I would like to send them
an unkind letter, this is the '90's and manual transmissions are supposed
to hold up better than this.
                                                Christopher Scott