RE: Re: Maryland meet:

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 18:51:39 EDT

> Emissions suck! I don't understand why they have made everything
> illegal to
> do, can't do this can't do that. I actually had a cop tell me that I
> couldn't put an exhaust system on my truck because it would break
> some sound
> law.
>
> There is a way to get it to be exempt from Emissions, but I
> haven't a clue
> how you would go about doing it. If you find a way, let me know!
>
> Erika
>

> >I'll stick to my 340 that I have sitting in storage... Then again I would
> >have to dump that 850CFM TQ (sniff) to pass emissions...

In a way they do. What really cracks me up is that the goverment (our
goverment) lets Corporate America pollute our air, ground, and water with
all sorts for toxic nasties, and punishes them with a slap on the
wrist(provided if caught)! Granted some areas like NYC could use less
cars,and such (from the comfort of my train seat I see cars,buses, and
trucks backed up for miles getting into NYC, as well as the yellow haze over
Manhattan every morning) roaming around the city. But also I see the plumes
of smoke and stuff coming out of the factories too. It all goes to show that
money talks, and that Corporate America can and will buy goverment officials
and agencies at will. Yes I'm a treehugging hippie, but I still eat red
meat, smoke Marlboros, and drive a gas guzzling Chrysler....

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ (Home of the Toxic Avenger)