Re: Lifter sticking, I think

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 23:23:52 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/99 7:51:59 PM EST, TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com writes:

> I think I have a valve lifter sticking, or a bent pushrod. Has anybody
> had this problem ? Could it be something else ? you know the sound ? tick,
> tick ,tick.
> Thanks for any help, Ted O.

Yup, you can tell its not the injectors, sometimes it can get very loud. I
thought that it was a lifter too. But I wonder if its the timing chain,
probably the rocker arms. In the same boat. All I can say is that when you
put that SC on, make sure all of those rockers are tightened downed to specs.
Boog