Crusie control kit

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 23:11:40 EDT

As I stated in another post I got my cruise control kit today. Most of
the parts are fairly simple to install and plug into the stock wiring
harness. Two things: (1) I have to replace the brake light switch
(looked and fairly easy to get to. The instructions say I have to do an
adjustment (which is described how to do) that involves the internal
master cylinder stop. If anyone has a '96 factory service manual that
has a pic of exactly what this is and where it is situated could you
please scan me a pic and email it to me privately? I would be grateful.
(I'll still figure it out but would like to have a little direction).
(2) I have to remove the sterring wheel including the airbag. According
to the instructions as long as you do exactly what they say you will not
have a problem. They even have several exploded views of the sttereing
wheel assembly. I also would like to have the info that the service
manual gives on this to compare to what's given in the instructions.
Again, I would be grateful.

Has ayone ever taken out this assembly for ant reason? I have to do it
to replace the clock spring assembly. Any comments and/ or advice would
be appreciated.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport