RE: Pinging Dakota fixes

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 15:46:06 EDT

Wow! Didn't know that it was that bad.

Don't go too cold on the plugs, you'll foul them up before you know
it...one range colder should work...also use slightly higher octane
fuel. (104 isn't required for this...)

One last thing, with the throttle body exposed and the engine running,
lightly run some water down the TB but don't let it die. This will also
clean out the combustion chamber enough. You may not even have to do this
since the truck is so new...but it definitely works on most vehicles with
over 60K miles. Cleans the carbon deposits off of the valves and pistons
very well.

Bernd