Re: Pinging Dakota fixes

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 15:52:09 EDT

At 02:44 PM 7/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have read an article that installing a "cooler" spark plug helps the
>annoying ping problem in 318 Dakotas. Does anyone have the part number for
>this plug? Don S.

The article suggested that a starting point would be Champion N9YC at the
track and RN11YC on the street with a stock/near stock engine...the more
performance mods the engine has, the colder the plugs should be. Also,
you must remove the plug shields in order to use these.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red