Re: Pinging Dakota fixes

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 16:11:00 EDT

One correction/point on the spark plug temperatures:

You can only go so cold before they foul up within 1 day. As for the "more
mods, colder plugs theory"...nope. With the standard mods that most of us
are running:

FABM/FIPK, Cat-Back Exhaust, MSD or Jacobs, Wires, Hype-Plugs, Electric
Fans, Chip, and Electric Fans

That does NOT constitute more than one step colder on the plugs. maybe if
he's running Nitrous and/or a Supercharger I can understand two ranges
colder...but even then it's not always required.

- Bernd