Need more auxil. wiring help

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 22:08:01 EDT

Well I mounted my Hella 500 6" Round Driving Lights today after work,
unfortunately, they DO NOT work....grrrrr.

What can I check or test??
I grounded everything and tested each ground, the relay has a ground, the
dash switch has a ground, and each light has a ground.

I left off a green wire which the manual says to connect from the highbeam
wire(s) to the 3rd tab on the dash switch. I did not want to do this because
this would mean that the lights would come on only when the highbeams are on.
I want to be able to switch the lights on/off whenever I want. The dash
switch is also an illuminated model, and it doesnt even light up. Whats wrong
here?

Thanks again, I know this should not have been this complicated!!! I can do a
brake job on all 4 corners in half the time this took!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6