Re: emission laws and stupid crap!

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 09:56:18 EDT

>I know an air conditioning man when a chemistry degree..don't ask. Anyway
he
agrees with what you say about R-12 and has something to add about R-13a.
It's
an explosive and very easy to get it to do its thing to. He told me if an
air
compressor ever failed and started to heat up it blow up a car like a
bomb. I
don't have any proof about this but it did give me something to think
about.
BTW, if R-12 is so bad why is the auto industry the only industry that
uses it
having to use something else. Youo can't tell me that all of the home and
commercial a/c systems and the factories that use and even all of the
refrig's
that use it don't leak it. Just another opinion.<

Actually, other industries have to switch too. We bought the last R-12
refrigerator in our area about 5 years ago (it was the last of the
previous year's models). and they don't ALL leak-just most of them. We
have an old (35+ years old) Kenmore that's been recharged once. I think
that's a pretty good record :-)

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG

"This is a litigation-free zone. Prosecutors will be Violated."