TB's and the such

From: Corey A Meyer (cameyer@bw.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 13:49:19 EDT

        I am interested in this TB talk. I have an 89 V6 and you guys
always say this is a great performance mod. Please quickly explain the
difference between Mopar Performance's and all the others. Also, if any
of you have done it yourselves, how tough is that? I am OK with
tools-butt don't know if I want to go messing with something like the TB
that could go very wrong if I mess up.
        Also, how do I get a Mopar Performance catalogue?
        Also, I was looking through a 4wd/Offroader mag I had and saw a
big engine power package for a Chevy 350 for like $200, does Mopar or
Chrysler make any such packages for any of our engines?
        Finally, I want to better understand how all of the separate
components of the engine work so that the technical posts don't go over my
head. Basically, I want to learn everything so when you start talking
about rockers and cams and degrees of stuff I understand.
...are there any good books or really good mags? How, besides experience
do all of you know? Let me in!!