Re: CA Emissions VS. OR Emissions

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 15:09:20 EDT

Regardless of where you purchased the vehicle, you need to contact the BAR
(Bureau of Automotive Repair), NOT the DMV for the emissions
regulations/requirements pertaining to non-California vehicles. The DMV
cannot give any type of specific Smog related information since they are
NOT qualified (or certified) for anything more than general
information. (Last time I had to deal with them on some emissions related
information, they referred me to the BAR anyway.)

- Bernd