Re: Cam / Rockers FINISHED!

From: eric neidhamer (bad318@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 14:36:06 EDT

You have to take off the belt, a/c compressor, alternator, water
pump/timing chain cover (one piece), a little bracket, water neck,
throttle body, intake, distributor, the a/c condenser and radiator, and
a few plugs.

Sounds like a lot, but it isn't.. This was my first cam swap in a new
vehicle.. all the others (2) were watching.

The cam I got was a stock cam ground over the MOPAR MAGNUM R/T grind
specs. So the cam and regrind was about $200-$300.. depending on who
grinds it. Just bring it to a shop who regrinds camshafts and tell
them you want it ground to the max but doesn't affect the computer. It
pulls HARD.. Shreds all of 1st and some of 2nd without stalling the
engine up at all.

--- Dester223@aol.com wrote:
> What all is involved? i bet the belt would have to
> be removed...
> couple pulles taken off? timing belt taken off??
> How much is a performance cam? I'm leery of it
> because people tell me it
> screws with the computer
> -Dester

===