Re: $13 "cool ram air"!

From: Ramsport96@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 14:20:08 EDT

I did the same thing with my truck
But i bought 3" adjustable elbows used for heat/air ducts and removed the
tube from the airbox to the air hat and replaced it with and adjustable
elbow, and replaced the air intake at the wheel well with 2 elbows and
clamped it down and painted them with high temp paint as well.
I put a 4"-3" reducer in the very front of the grill to mate up with the
elbows and then isulated it all. I then pulled two of the little plastic
grille pieces off the lower right corner of the grille.
On a really cool night when the humidity is low, the truck just makes some
awesome power, the revs just come up so fast. even in town just getting
cooler air instead of the hot engine air is way more beneficial.
Just remember to keep the air filter clean.
Also reboot your engine computer too so it will learn that it has some more
air and power to deal with..
The biggest problem to deal with on these magnum motors are the intake and
the throttle body, this motor would just scream if it were feasible to offer
a decent "legal" intake setup.. and let the motor just breathe with out
having to spend all this money on a supercharger or a turbo..
anywayz , have fun with that new mod.. i noticed i picked up a mile a gallon
as well.. if you can keep your foot out of it..
paul