Re: $13 "cool ram air"!

From: Tibor Kun (TiborKun@netscape.net)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 23:36:34 EDT

Hi Paul!

>>But i bought 3" adjustable elbows used for heat/air ducts and removed the
tube from the airbox to the air hat and replaced it with and adjustable elbow,
and replaced the air intake at the wheel well with 2 elbows and clamped it
down and painted them with high temp paint as well.
I put a 4"-3" reducer in the very front of the grill to mate up with the
elbows and then isulated it all. I then pulled two of the little plastic
grille pieces off the lower right corner of the grille. <<

Do you have an pics of this? I'd really like to see it! I only have one 4"
tube, and it's going into the rubber around the radiator. It doesn't fit
perfectly, but I scrunched it in there and it sure works okay!

I forgot about resetting the computer - I'll go do that now. Don't anticipate
any added mileage, though; my foot's ALWAYS into it these days, or at least
now that it's faster. It'll probably even out once I'm used to it. I think a
throttle body is my next step, once I've perfected the air, but it's a ways
away too. I have to replace the shocks (at 30k miles, they're already shot?)
and I think it could use it's first tune-up too; so I'm strapped right now and
don't know when the wife will approve $200! <g>

Thanks for the advice!

--
Tibor
Loaded flame red '98 RC Dakota Sport V6 5-speed

____________________________________________________________________ Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com.