dealership horror story ( ARGH!) (LONG)

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 1999 - 12:21:52 EDT

Thought I would pass along what happened yesterday.
My wife's new 4x4 has an alignment problem, the transmission has a bad
clunk in reverse+shifts eratically, and somethings loose in the bed
(bolts maybe?)

I called Kearny Mesa Dodge 2 weeks ago to get it in (as they are on the
way to work). I had a semi-bad experience about 2 months ago with the
wife's RT, but I figured I'd try one last time (BIG mistake). So, 2
weeks back I made the appt. Aug. 2nd (couldn't believe it would be
that far out). So, dropped off the truck at 7 am, and was told it
would be done that day.

After 4:30pm I still hadn't received a call, and I was nearby, so I
stopped by to pick up the truck. 4:45pm.. I spoke with the service
rep, and he had no idea what the status of my truck, and frankly never
checked it thoughout the day.

         alignment - on hold (10 am)
         bed issue - on hold (10 am)

I was furious. I told them to bring it up, and I wasn't coming back.
Absolute BS!!! I told him that this is the second time in 2 months
that I have brought a vehicle for warranty work, and the 2nd time that
nothing was worked on (previously the RT was in for a t-stat leak,
noises in rear of cab, bed popping sound, trans dip stick, etc.--- for
2 days, and only the t-stat was looked at).

Then to my surprise, they lost my keys!!! I spent 45 minutes standing
there pissed off. I asked to speak the service mgr, and basically it
was like talking to "Barney" or "Mr. Potato head" with the "I am sorry,
nothing I can do, I am new here", etc. I went on to tell them that I
am going to write a letter to the local DC rep. to express my
frustration, and recommend to people I know that they avoid Kearny Mesa
Dodge. I went on to say that as a member of the DML, and the president
(he he) of the So Cal. Dakota Owners Group, I will recommend to all
Dakota owners to avoid Kearny Mesa Dodge unless they want to get
screwed!!!

Now I going to Carl Burger Dodge, and the RT owner that I met on the
road a month or so back will be working on my wife's 4x4... (he's one
of their techs.)

News at 11.

Sam '99 RT & 4x4