chevy idiot = brake problems| UPDATE

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 20:11:35 EDT

Hualed out the jack stands and removed both front tires. The passenger
side looks fine. The drivers side where I thought the noise was comming
from, has got problems. The inner pad doesn't have any pad left!!! And
the inner rotor surface is completly grooved (like an old record). So i
have 3 pads / surfaces that look in good shape and one thats shot to hell.

Could this type of wear have been cause by this chevy running me off the
road or is this an extreme case of uneven wear??

Since the brakes are original I'm sure I have enough rotor left to turn,
but is there any special problems with turning a rotor thats been torn to
hell as mine has??

Thanks,

mm
   // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff