Re: Biggest Tires on 92-96 Dak 4X4

From: John Mitchell (nhcap@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 13:29:01 EDT

Mark,

Thanks for your question. I have a '93 4x4 with the factory 235/75 - 15's
and am also looking to go bigger. The 31's will look better, but my concerns
are rim width (BFG states the minimum rim width for a 31x10.5 is 7")the
stock rim is 6". Also speedometer error and gearing come into play here. The
taller tires are better at highway speeds (lower RPM) but hinder off the
line acceleration. I was thinking of 30x9.5s . They are closer to the stock
size but look bigger. Also check brands as well. I've noticed that BFG's
(for instance) look taller and wider than other manufacturers (for the same
tire size). I'm curious to hear the answer to this question from the
experienced DAKSTERS out there.

Mitch