Homebrew TB was: F&B TB pics???

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 08:48:38 EDT

Kyle and DML'ers,
If you can't wait or don't have the money for a F&B TB, you
can modify your TB yourself with some common sense. The first
thing is forget the DREMEL tool for reaming out the inside
bores (you want to keep the bores balanced!). Find a father
and sons machine shop that can mil the inside bores. I did and
it cost me $20. I then used the dremel for work on butterflys and
shaft.

 Granted this is not as good as F&Bs, R&Ds or that other
guy...uh...whats his name? Oh yeah! Jules...but, It gets you there
almost as fast. By the way, for newbies, Jon posted Kuk's TB mod
information on the DML long ago. 2 yrs ago, I did my 97 V6 TB Kuk's way
using the dremel, but upgraded to a drill press with special milling
bits to do a satisfying job (not as good as a machine shop). I have a
'98 318 now and my TB bores are balanced and polished. All the machine
shop did was mil the bores and I did the rest. Its a work of art that
several chebbies and ferds didn't appreciate. If you've got the follow
up tools and knowhow, go for it.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd