RE: Biggest Tires on 92-96 Dak 4X4

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 14:54:54 EDT

Mark & John,

I run 30x9.5 on my '95 4x4. Some on the list are running the 31's. w/out any
mods other than cranking the torsion bars. There seem to be mixed reviews on
how well this works out. The 15x6 is a little under what I would feel
comfortable putting a 31x10 on. Again others have done it, but I've seen one
or two occasions where someone out 4-wheeling with us has popped the bead
from a two small wheel for the tire. They also get a little flexy in tight
and/or fast turns on pavement.

I'd have to say the best all around tires for average off-road/wet/snow are
the BFG AT's, I've run the BFG's and currently have Bridgestone Dueller ATP
- the BFG's are a lot better in all conditions. Got the B'stones cause the
shop did not have the BFG's in & I really needed new meats before a snow
storm).

Go to www.tirerack.com they have good sizing and comparison charts. Its a
good place to get started & informed before going in and listening to the
C**p they'll tell you at some shops, just to sell you whatever tire they
have too many of!

later,

Duff