Re: RE: 30 X 9.50's on 2WD Dak?

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 19:03:11 EDT

In the rear, I have installed a set of Air-Ride ride control air bags, which
gives me the ability to go from the stock ride height at 10 psi, to a 2" lift
at 35-40 psi, or even higher (unloaded) with up to 60 psi in the bags. The
bags are rated up to 100 psi, although the ride gets harsh, and I start to
worry about the pinion angle. For the front, I have bought a set of Fabtech
2" longer coils from one of the DML members, and I plan to do the install
this weekend, provided that I get the springs in time. On the front, my
plans are to install the springs, trim the bumpstops on the upper control
arms, and modify the end links on the anti-sway bar. Remember, this is a 2WD
truck, so the lift is simpler than it would be on a 4wd.

Steve.