Re: Carbon metallic brakes

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 18:59:44 EDT

I don't know how good/bad the stock pads are on the Dakota, but on the Ram
they are crap... and the Carbon Metallics were the only way to get a tire to
lock up (could not do that before, even with both feet on the pedal)

Yes, they do make more noise... I added some anti-squeal in addition to the
shims that come on them, which helped... but I'd rather make a little noise
and STOP!

And you WILL notice better track times if you autocross... they fade ALOT
less than the stockers...

Gary Shook