Re: Great Gas Mileage!

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 16:05:44 EDT

Ben -

To correctly guage fuel mileage , you should start out with a full tank and
the tripometer set to 0 .

Then drive whatever distance , stop , then re-fill the tank to the same
amount , or the same fashion (topping off) as you did the last time .

Now divide the miles driven by the gallons you bought the second time .

Chances are you may have had a bit extra fuel left in there the last time
you fueled .

At 11:28 PM 8/5/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I just got back from Atlanta and I filled up with 17 gallons before I left
>and when I got back my tank was almost on empty...now that is a 480 mile
>trip, divided by 17 gallons of gas....is 28mpg!! It was mostly interstate at
>75-85mph. I was proud of the Dak! BTW, I have a '97 RC V6 with Gibson
>Split Rear Cat-back exhaust and a Quick-D intake...
>Later!
>
>Ben Vaughan
>webmaster@dakattack.com
>http://www.dakattack.com
>AOL: AttackDak
>ICQ: 558772
>Therapy is expensive. Popping that bubble wrap stuff is cheap. You choose.

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html