RE: Mods , etc.

From: jstolwor (jstolwor@empire.net)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 20:58:07 EDT

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:53:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Corey A Meyer <cameyer@bw.edu>
Subject: DML: Mods , etc.

Howdy all. Here is a list of the mods I want to do to my 89 V6.
I'm going for the most hp for the least amount of money.
Here goes:
  1. High flow TB from F+B
  2. Home brew FIPK type thing
  3. Headers
  4. High flow muffler and/or High flow Cat
  5. Mopar SBEC
  6. Maybe Jet chip
  7. 180 T-stat
What do ya think? Any suggestions?

------------------------------

Stuff is limited for this vehicle. I know, I have the same - 89 Dak v6 4x4.
Highly recommend the 180 stat (Stant PN 36308/gasket 27138 - be sure to buy
the gasket!)if its not too cold where you live (I live in NH and lack of
heat kinda sucks in the winter but I deal with it).
Dynomax cat back (PN 41594/17282/46803) makes a huge difference and sounds
cool too. K&N air filter
works good and I went with all Accel parts for ignition. I use only Bosch
platinum plugs cause I like them and they tend to last a long time. I don't
know if you plan to lift it but you can crank out the torsion bars for
1-2" in the front and change to a bigger block in the back if you want. I
did that and run 30x9.5x15s with
no rubbing.
Thats all I've done so far. Hope this helps
John