torsion bars and tire help, please

From: Dustin Dionne (dustboy18@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 03:41:42 EDT

Hello all,

This may sound stupid, but I just got my truck and want to fit 31's on it.
I understand I'll probably need to crank the torsion bars, right? HOW do I
go about doing that, and what do I do with the rear? Do I buy lift blocks?
Can I expect about 2" from the bars? Honestly, will I be able to fit the
tires without much problem. Also, what's a good backspacing to make the
tires stick out from the truck with aq good fit? And one more thing: what
tires are recomended for a daily driver that sees the snow and ice of Alaska
in the winter? I was looking at BFG's.....

Any advice on this subject would help me sooo much, and thank you in
advance!

Dustin