Re: 96' computer for a 97'

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 01:23:56 EDT

before we get into this, I just wanna say that someone on the list has in
fact tried this, and said that his guages didn't work when he installed
the 96 computer in his 97. So, if you don't mind having no guages, then
go for it =)

-mike d.

On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 05:14:28 -0400 KURTZ ERIC <erics5.9@home.com> writes:
>Thomas,
> I ran a 5.9 computer on my 5.2 before I put the actual 5.9 in the
>truck and it ran bad, not terrible, but not good. It got way to much
>fuel and changed the spark curve too much for that little 318. That
>was
>the old body style and computer though.
>Eric
>
>BALLANDTEE@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Gentlemen,
>>
>> Friday night in Ennis at the Motorplex I was talking to some of you
>about
>> using the mopar computer for a 96 in a 97. Question, Does it matter
>that my
>> 97 is a 5.2, and the computer for the 96' is for a 5.9?
>>
>> Thomas
>> '97 Dak

miggitymike@juno.com
VERY Black 88 6er, Edelbrock Headers, Borla Muffler, TekStyle Tonneau,
14x3 K&N,
Daytona buckets, Magnecor wires, JET stage II, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
--------> "Cornbread..... ain't nothin' wrong with that!!"