Re: IAT Sensor relocated with success!!

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 09:45:00 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> Ok...I went on a recommendation from JET products and relocated the IAT
> (Intake Air Temp) sensor. I plugged the hole in the Intake Manifold (1/4"
> Pipe Plug) and drilled a hole in my intake tube (and threaded it as well) to
> fit the sensor. Then, reset the computer and drove around for a while in
> the 97+ degree Texas weather. No check engine light...and....NO LOSS OF
> POWER when the engine came up to operating temperature.
>
> The Dak used to loose power when the weather started to get really hot...not
> any more. This works!!

Thanks for sharing this info with us Bernd. I'll be doing that mod fer
sure! What the heck, it'll be easy to change back if needed. This
Alabama heat is killing my power too! I'll be wrapping my intake with
Cool-Tape as soon as the stuff gets here (in shipping now). Maybe
that'll help "beat the heat" too.

--
Brian D.
     (_____