Re: R+D vs. QUICK D....Throttle bodys

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 14:44:14 EDT

shadowcatcher@home.com writes:

<< Frankly, I've only seen the pictures of yours on your website, and I
 have seen Tony's in person, and on that comparison, I'd have to say, yes
 the workmanship on Quick D's is better. The mounting of the butterflies,
 the "S" bolt, and the finish of the top of the bore all contribute to an
 appearance of quality.
 Skip >>

Funny, the mounting of the butterflies is the exact same on my TB as it is on
the "Quick D" TB. Actually, doesn't the Quick D TB use buttonhead screws? If
so, ours would use a better mounting system as our new, stainless steel
throttle plates are counter bored so our SS flat head screws are counter sunk
into the blades themsleves. Nothing in the cross section of the throttle
bore.

It's a moot point without you actually having two of these TBs to compare,
so, instead of arguing back and forth I'm going back to the shop to work on
the TBs a little more.

 :)

ttyl
Patrick