RE: RT Towing question again

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 08:28:21 EDT

>From what I was following in the R/T Towing problems....

The rear suspension was "mis-designed" and you risk breaking parts such as
the springs and (I've heard) the lowering blocks crack/break under towing
loads. I can't be for sure since I don't own an R/T. (Just what I read.)

They lowered the towing weight to 2000LBS which, more than likely, isn't
enough for your racecar. There was someone on the list that was offering an
Air Bag Suspension kit to compensate for the lowered towing weight.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC - 2WD
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm