Re: Aftermarket Ignitions

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 16:39:13 EDT

<< Has anyone noticed any real performance gains from adding an aftermarket
 ignition to their later model Dakota's? How bad is the stock setup when the
 vehicle is only a year or two old? There is the placebo effect from the
 hype I suppose. >>

Do I qualify as a late model Dakota? Oh well, here is my opinion of it. I
have added a complete aftermarket ignition to my Dak. This includes MSD 8.5MM
Super Conductors, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap & Rotor, Accel Super Coil,
Champion Truck Plugs, MSD 6-Offroad Ignition(6470) with universal harness. I
honestly say, hands down, this system has made my Dak run so much better.
City mileage did not change but highway mileage went up an easy 50-75 more
miles per tank. I noticed a nice, real nice increase after installing the
Ignition Box(6470). Throttle was much more sensitive and responsive. Idle
smoothed out also, was running rough before this. I would not hesitate to put
this system on any truck/vehicle I have in the future. The ignition has been
on now for over 5,000 miles and I simply love it.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6