Re: 97-99 Lift

From: james owens (jimga98@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 23:23:19 EDT

No argument here John , just trying to figure where you are getting
this info from. here is a quote from your 6/14/99 posting on the

>>I read in one other
article where they claim 33" tire will fit, but if their lift is only
3",
they aint gunna fit! Especially when you get the wheels turned and and
suspension flexing with 12.5" wide tires. I rolled one of my 33's next
it and I just can't see it happening without 4" or 5" minimum. I use
mine
off road and don't want ANY rubbing.

Now since the Rancho Kit was not even in any dealers hands until right
after the 4th of July and since no kits had been installed before ( I
know mine is the guinea pig truck for Rancho in the S.E) the 24th of
July I have been searching for this posting on the 4x4 boards about the
rubbing on full suspension compression thing. I can't find it. I would
like to show it to the shop so i can have them check for this problem,
so could you please post it here or e-mail it. I tried several search
engines to locate this post maybe it is too new. and Who are "others".
Have you contacted Rancho to verify this? I am going to call them
tomorrow and ask. I turned my wheels to full lock drove into a a dip of
about 6 inches and no noise happened (should i try it after cutting off
the bump stops? maybe i can get full compression then) Any way I will
ask the shop on Monday and Rancho about this tomorrow. I guess I should
have asked them to just roll one up next to the truck and not actually
put them on before buying into them and Rancho telling me the 33's
would work. (just kidding)

Have you figured out a way around that T bracket on the Tuff Country
lift hanging down to a couple inches off the pavement problem? The way
it looks to me you can't even straddle a parking bumper stop in a
parking lot with those things hanging down. I guess if you put some
kind of a skid plate to cover them that would protect them from
breaking off and then you could just push the bump stop along. Why not
just buy a bulldozer? Ground clearance is the key in off roading last
i heard. ..... your other post>>
>>>Easy there tiger!! I was going off what other people had stated on
other off road boards. One said that his rubs on full compression of
his
suspension, to me that's unaccepable. Others have told me the same.

again I am not arguing just speaking from the view of someone who has
looked at both kits AND spent the money and had it done.