Re: Aftermarket Ignitions

From: Brian Duncan (brian@hsvswl.msd.ray.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 09:26:12 EDT

"Pendleton, Dennis" wrote:

> Has anyone noticed any real performance gains from adding an aftermarket
> ignition to their later model Dakota's? How bad is the stock setup when the
> vehicle is only a year or two old? There is the placebo effect from the
> hype I suppose.
>
> Dennis
> '99 4X4 CC SG Gibson, GenII ....

Hey Dennis,

The first mod I did on my Dak was put a Jacobs Pro-Street Energy Pak on
it. WOW, what a difference it made in throttle response and
acceleration. Also improved my MPG noticeably. Average a little over 19
MPG on highway and over 15 in the city. Gapped the plugs at .057 (what a
pain that was!). MSD seems to be the most popular ignition on this list
from what I've seen. I believe any of the popular aftermarket ignition
systems will help you. So far, I'm pleased with Jacobs (( fingers
crossed ;) ))

--
Brian D.
     (_____