Re: New guy w/ questions

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 09:46:27 EDT

I'll take a stab at this one.... in a word, no.
The 3.9L is essentially a 5.2L with 2 cylinders removed... the cylinder
spacing is fairly wide, and I believe the other V6's are shorter in length.
I don't know much about the 3.8, but the 3.3 and the 2.7(?) that are in the
intrepid are significantly shorter in length. I'm sure there's a way to
increase the compression, but keep in mind that if he's running 12:1
compression, he's running race gas ($2.50/gal) or lots of octane booster.

>knows what he's talking about. What I'm wondering is if the heads from any
>of the smaller Chrysler V6's can be used on the 3.9 Magnum V6 I have in my
>truck. This is a new realm of automotives to me, but I'm trying here :)
Now