Re: HARLEY DAVIDSON Ferd F150

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 11:57:42 EDT

At 10:29 AM 8/12/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Watching the news last night they mentioned a new Ferd
>f150 truck that was a cooperative venture between Harley
>Davidson and Ferd. It was a "low rider" they called it
>and said it had a "patented exhaust system". [snip]

I saw a picture of it in the business section of a nearly
local newpaper. The truck, which will be built in nearby
Oakville, will be painted black with distinctive Harley-Davidson
orange pinstriping and chrome accessories. Target audience is
the fans of the legendary U.S.-built motorcycle. No other specs
nor price was given.

It looks lowered with large diameter chrome-like rims and wide tires,
side chrome nerf bar, front spoiler with 2 fog lights and horizontal bars
type chrome grilles both top and bottom. Tail pipe is either behind
or in front (hard to tell from picture) of the rear passenger tire.
If it's in front, the only thing showing is a rounded tip pointing
straight down about half way from the beginning of the bed and the
rear wheel well. There's an emblem of some sorts on the passenger side
front fender near the 'gap' with the front door. It's also a club cab.
Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red