RE: Buy American was HARLEY DAVIDSON Ferd F150

From: Gene&Renee (webmaster@mopars.net)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 22:50:18 EDT

I have been hammered in the past about talking bad about Japan and I didn't
back down then and I will not now.
For years the Empire of the Rising Sun has tried to assault the American
industrial machine. The latest attack is the rice grinders that are
imitating the HD V Twin design. If you can't beat'em join'em, and they did
it.
There is nothing to say here other than if you haven't owned one, you can
even talk about one. While my 1957 Duo Glide is not as fast as a Katana, it
will still attract more attention than any Jap crap on the road. Not to
mention I can repair the cycle if needed.
If you wanna ride a japper, more power to you. At least you are on two
wheels, but I personally feel that to fully understand the entire world of
motorcycles, you need to have owned both.
And one final point, how many 1957 jappers have you seen cruising down the
road lately?

Dakota content..........I have hauled my HD's to Daytona in the bed of my
Dakota!

And please don't waste DML bandwith arguing with me over this. E-mail me
privately. And even then I will probably just excersise my right to use the
delete key.

Gene and Renee Rivers
57 Duo Glide
79 Sportster

Ahhh... Those are fighting words buddy... Calling my 1932 Rigid a ricer.....
Keep that up and I'll drive down to yer house and like my ricer leave it's
20w50 calling card on yer driveway... To put it in simple terms..if it
doesn't leak oil it's not a Harley, and EVO's don't leak!

Greg "Rat bikes are cool"
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ

> Have fun losing all the money on your Jap bike when you drive it off
> the lot.... "Buy American"..... Harleys "Rice Burners"....first time
> i've heard a "HOG" called that...
>
> Mike :-/ Made in America...

Gene & Renee Rivers
99 R/T CC, DA