Re: Great to be on board

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 01:09:41 EDT

If you are planning on spending that much for a supercharger. Look on the
web at www.procharger.com (based right here in kansas!) but. It's an
intercooled supercharger. You don't have to retard timing because of
increased boost. They personally don't make a SC for the dakotas, BUT they
can give you the number to where you can buy one.. I think pricing is right
about the same, but with the procharger, you get an intercooler.
-Dester

<< Hi everyone,

 I'm brand new to the list (first day), and wow--heavy traffic!!!!!!!

 Anyways I'm lookin at a 2000 Dak 318, ext. cab, 4x4. I love this truck and
 plan on doin some serious performance mods. Including possibly a Vortech
 Super-Charger from a place in Mt. Clemens Mich. called Alternative Auto
 Performance. I live in Windsor (Canada) and this place was the closest i
 could find. The price is around $3500.00 including installation. Power
 gains are in the neighbourhood of 90 hp and ft/lbs of torque.
 I'd like to know whether or not anyone has dealt with them or knows another
 performance shop offering a better deal and good quality work.
 It would also be great to have advice on any other performance mods that any
 of you have had success with including headers and exhaust.
 As well i have seen many messages about this TB from Frank and Bruce, and
 wondered what the benefits were?
 I'm not planning on any styling mods except a hoodscoop from East Coast
 Customs--it's pretty subtle and that the look i'm goin for.
 Not sure about whether i'll raise it at all, just gonna wait to see how i
 like it in the mud first. :)
 TIA and i'm sure glad to be aboard,

 Frank WJ