Re: 4.10's or 4.30's

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 18:19:15 EDT

um, for snow/ice you want the highest (low numerical) gears you can
get...you WANT low torque... My wife used to have a '95 Trooper that had a
"snow setting" for the tranny... it just stuck it in 2nd from a stop, and
you couldn't spin the tires.

but IMHO, it depends on your tires... my truck is bogging with 3.92's, but
I've got 33" tires... I think the 4.30's would just start hitting the 'sweet
spot'

If you're running 31" tires or less, then 4.10's are probably great,
especially with the extra torque the SC will put out!

Gary Shook