RE: Gibson cat-back install

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 18:34:18 EDT

I did mine by backing the truck up onto ramps, cutting off about 8" from the
tailpipe tip, removed all clamps, heated the slip joint at muffler front with
a propane torch, and wacked the front of the muffler with a rubber mallet.
Whole system popped right off. I cut the tailpipe tip to facilitate pulling
the system down in one piece. Whole job, including new Gibson 3" side exit
system installed, took me 1 hour by myself. Hope this helps.
Kevin
99 CC Sport+/black/V8 auto 2wd
Gibson 3" side-exit/ MSD6a
Home-made FIPK/ 180 t-stat