Ran at the Nats

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 19:58:19 EDT

So I ran my truck at the Nats this weekend , and although I bested my
pervious best , I was a bit disappointed .

My previous best was a 14.85@91.40 at the All Mopar Southern Nationals in
Reynolds , GA on May 30th .

I was only allowed a total of 4 runs all weekend at the Nats ; 2 on Friday
(I arrived too late for my first run) , NONE on Saturday (they called us
for a time trial first that morning , but I couldn't hear them in the swap
meet area) and one time trial on Sunday followed by my first Eliminations
run .

I ran a 14.95 and a 15.05 on Friday , but I had forgotten my by-pass belt
.I picked one up Friday night on the way back to town . I ran a 14.93 first
thing on Sunday , so I dialed in at 14.93 . I then ran a damn 14.79 and
broke out .

Yes , I did run my best of a 14.79 , but with adding the headers and the
new F&B Stage I I expected to do better . I talked to Shane Baker who has a
Black RC R/T and he was off on his times too , and some others had
mentioned that National Trail was not a very fast track . Shane ran a 14.80
on a 14.80 dial-in on his first eliminations run , but he red-lighted .

I will run again at the Chrysler Classic at Moroso this September , and I
am sure I will run better . I expect to run solid mid-14s wit the truck
like it is .

One thing did make me feel better though : Mopar Performance had a Flame
Red Regular Cab that they ran down the track Saturday and Sunday . The
announcer was talking about how this truck won a race in Dallas previously
, and how it had all this Mopar Performance crap under the hood , including
a reprogrammed SBEC and a Gen II , and yadda yadda yadda. The truck was
even piloted by Jim Nance I believe , one of the Pro Stock drivers . He ran
a 15.88 on Saturday and a 15.44 on Sunday , so I laughed my ass off and was
proud of my truck none the less !

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html