Thanks for Tranny info

From: jbe@micron.net
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 10:53:19 EDT

Hey thanks to everyone that helped me out on my '99 Dak
auto tranny. The info about the TV cable adjustment and
anti foaming and friction modifiers really did wonders
for my auto. It pulls so much better than it ever did before.

Adjusting the TV cable was really a nice alternative to a shift
kit and got want I wanted (higher shift points & firmer shifts).
The fluid additives really are nice. The tranny doesn't slip
nearly so much now and pulls really hard.

In case anyone missed it the fluids to add are:

4oz of Chrysler Hypoid gear lube (friction modifier) = about $3.50 at
dealer
2oz of Chrysler anti foaming additive = about $2.50 per 1/2 oz so u need
4
of them.
It was also recommended to run BM trick shift fluid but the person
did not say how much, so I didn't do this, don't think I need to.

Adjusting the TV cable is on the R/T page
 http://www.jcj.net/dodgeram/trans_adjustment.htm
I had to adjustment mine all the way out to get any difference
but she finally kicked in at the end.

Jason