Re: Re: New CB Antenna Mount arrived.....

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 21:48:17 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/99 7:32:24 PM Central Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<< Make sure the SWR reading is not above 1.5 on the meter (this is very bad
 for transmissions and a bad match could possibly ruin a perfectly good CB.)
 A Power-Mic wouldn't hurt either.

 But the best thing next to a "heater" (Linear Amplifier) is Good Old "Peakin
 & Tweakin". (That's the last option and it's also illegal) >>

Thanks Bernd, I am aware of the measurements I should be looking for.
Firestil sent me a nice info sheet kn SWR tuning and optimal numbers, etc.
The antenna I purchased if fully adjustbale simply by popping to top of the
antenna off(rubber cap) and adjusting a solid brass bolt head, very nice and
solid construction of the antenna. Nothing like my generic, cheap dual 48"
antennas I bought from a truck stop. I am using an adjustable Cobra Power
Mic. The treakin part.......well that's illegal, cough cough........soon to
be an officer of the law, cops don't ever do anythin like that :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6