burning oil

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 23:37:20 EDT

My 94 V6 has been consuming about a quart of oil every 1500-2000 miles.
Should I be concerned, or is this normal? I have not spotted any spots
underneath, so I assume it is being burned. I have not had a chance to
remove the plugs and check for fouling, but that is my next course of
action. The engine has 62,000 miles on it.

-My '94 4X4 with the V8 burnt a quart and a half between oil changes but
didnt leak a drop.(65,000-then the dealer put a new shortblock in)
 My current '92 2WD V8 burns over a quart between oil changes too
(80,000-been burning it since it had 50K on it). Nothing short of valve
seals or re-ringing the pistons will fix this...
Patrick