Re: Worst drivers

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 18:30:09 EDT

Worst drivers I've ever seen were in Paradise Valley, AZ.. (It's in the
greater Phoenix area)

Actually I think it's the combination of drivers that creates the
frustration that leads to total mayhem. You've got your Q-tips (we called
them that, because that's what it looks like from the back, a large Q-tip
sticking over the seat) with mediocre vision trying to do 35 in a 50 zone,
the high-school to college crowd trying to do 70 in a 50 zone, and the
$50,000+ crowd (BMW, Merc, Hummer, Porche, Jag) that think they own the
road, and some tourists in the middle just trying to get where they're
going, when they don't always know where that is... combine that with some
of the confusing streets in the PV area (they're not THAT bad) and you get a
lethal combination.

But I'll have to admit participating with humiliating some of the $50k+
crowd with my '68 charger... It's just too much fun to pass up...

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO