Abouth this 4WD Gear Swap thing.......

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 23:37:04 EDT

Ok, after everyone posted info concerning that I can swap out my 3.55 gears,
after lifting my Dak and running 32's on both diffs, and put in 4.10 or even
4.56's, basically you are all wrong. Not one company makes a taller gear
ratio for Gen II 4WD Daks, other than Mopar. The highest you can go with Gen
II 4WD Daks is 3.90, that is it. Now, I would assume you could go much taller
than that if you own a Gen II 2WD Dak, since there is only one diff to worry
about, and its a 8 1/4 at that. I have called over 10 gear companies
nationwide, and trust me, 3.90 is the tallest.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6