RE: Gas Mileage poll. What do you guys get? (15.8 here)

From: Smith, Don W, SITS (donwsmith@att.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 12:57:13 EDT

I am surprised to hear that no MPG gains are realized with the tonneua
covers.
I do see slight Mpg's increase when I drive long distances with my tailgate
down.
I would think not having the wind brake either by dropping the tail gate or
a cover should
increase MPG. I was planning to buy one for the security of items in the bed
and better
MPG. Maybe I should spend the $ on engine mods!!!
Don
99 4X4 SLT CC 5.2 pinger